Meets are typically available for booking two weeks prior to taking place, look out for announcements on the Mailing List and Forum, contact the meets secretary to reserve your place.
The following are guidelines only. The committee’s discretion may be used in their
- Bookings for meets cannot be made until the meet is formally announced by the
Meets Secretary. This is typically 2 weeks before the meet, for normal weekend
meets, longer for special meets e.g. New Year.
- The meet will be opened on the forum and announced via email.
- Spaces are generally allocated on a first come first served basis, however in the
event a meet is oversubscribed then priority will be given to members who are
attending all nights of the meet.
- A reserves list will be used if required.
- Bookings for meets should in the first instance be made via the forum. If this is not
possible, e-mail, telephone, verbally or other means are acceptable.
- The onus for ensuring that a place is allocated is with the individual member.
- Campsites will not be booked by the Meets Secretary.
- The Meets Secretary may at his/her discretion require fees to be paid in advance and
fees may also be non-refundable.
- £1 per night hut tax is applied to hut fees to accommodate for unused spaces. This is
included in the advertised price. In special cases this may be removed.
- If the meet is over subscribed and a person pulls out last minute/does not attend,
they are liable for the full price they would have paid.
- Fees are generally collected on the meet by the Meets Secretary. Payment in cash is preferred, however a transfer to the Mercian bank account is acceptable if cash is
unavailable, or if a payment is required in advance for special meets.
- Extra nights to be added at the discretion of the Meets Secretary.
- Individuals should first consider finding their own accommodation.
New (Non) Members
- New members have the same rights for booking on meets and hut fees as normal
members, for their first two meets. Thereafter a new member must join the club to
have the same privileges.
- Non-members shall pay the members fee plus £3 per night.
The following applies to dogs in any overnight accommodation booked by the Club:-
- Dogs are only permitted on meets accompanied by their owners who must
- Dogs are only permitted in the lounge/ living room areas at none meal times.
- Dogs are not permitted in kitchens, dining areas, washing facilities, toilets
- If the booked accommodation has its own policy on pets than this must be
- Where dogs are allowed in accommodation, no more than two dogs per meet
Camping on a hut meet
- Members using campervans, tents or similar are allowed to use the booked
accommodation at a day rate of half the overnight fee providing there are adequate
- Hut rules on camping are to be followed.