Annual Dinner

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

I will be attending the Annual dinner in the Lake District this year

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes: 15

the jackal

Annual Dinner

Post by the jackal »

Planning meets is difficult, please have a look at the calender, think about the meets you can attend, then let us know

cheers
Simon

Re: Annual Dinner

Post by Simon »

I would be going on this meet if it didn't clash with another trip of mine.
Ham Brian

Post by Ham Brian »

I entered a "yes" then realised that it counts for Pauline, too, so add one to the final total, please.
Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawks flight in the empty sky.
avmaestro

Post by avmaestro »

My vote was for two too.
Mike Hogg

Post by Mike Hogg »

Hi Folks

Not sure why we are having a poll for the Annual Dinner because I have booked the Old Dungeon Ghyll Hotel http://www.odg.co.uk/home/index.cfm?id=1and the BBRCC hut at the back of the hotel. It is compulsory that you attend on 8-9th March 2013!

Seriously the ODG is great hotel and they have looked after us very well several times in the past including our 50th year Dinner. The hut could not be closer about 50m behind the hotel. The Hut http://www.bbrcc.co.uk/ravencrag.htm is not normally let out to other clubs but your committee has obtained a special booking.

I will post more details later, in the meatime reserve the date 8-9th March in your diary. The meal will be about £21 for 3 courses + coffee.

Mike
socialsec@mercianmc.org.uk
Mike van Dog
the jackal

Post by the jackal »

The reason I started the poll was that I thought it would be a good idea to gauge numbers for some of the meets that stand to lose the most money, so that we have time to be able to promote the meet more or take the more extreme option of cancelling the meet, (although controversial this could actually save the club a lot of money).

No, I am not suggesting we cancel the meet!

Unfortunately the option of gauging interest in a meet cannot be done in this way as there have not been enough responses, 13 (+2) out of 50 is not representative of the club, however the poll does indicate an interest in the meet which is positive, back to the drawing board for ideas!

This comes out of a £300+ loss on the New Year meet and potentially a £170 loss on this weekend Tan y Garth.

I think it is fair that members are kept aware of the club's financial situation, rather than just hearing about it at the AGM :D